photo: Mathias Vejerslev
In August 2008 we sailed art ship M/S Half Machine (the Pananga Pearl) to the North Harbor of Copenhagen. In the amazing setting of ‘Docken’ Half Machine artists hosted 3 weeks of international artists lab and events in the spectacular converted warehouse of Docken, on the docks, on the ship, on submarines and in the water.
Half Machine ‘Explosion Nights’ in Nordhavn Copenhagen featured artists, dancers and musicians from all over the world, collaborating to create performances and interactive installations.
Some of the THEMES and works of Half Machine 08 was : Explosion Tower (audience interactive installation), Submarine Ballet, a Tracking Lab (movement interactive video), the Flying Staircase (water installation), electric wheelchair races for the audience, audience controlled destruction of a living room, storytelling from American writer, upside down dancers suspended from the docks and inside a flying dome, concerts vs choreographies, an Emotional Respons lab, infared camera research, audience interactive sound installations, a living room inside a giant aquarium, and much more
view some of the projects here :
- CREDITS :
- Artists : Thomas Jørgensen, Peter Madsen, Pipaluk Supernova, Dzl, Sonny Windstrup, Stephen Riolo, Vanessa Carpenter, Dzl, Anders Mellbrat, Nils Wiberg, Anson Smith, Piet Baeten, Mads Høbye, Nicolas Padfield, N55, Christian Liljedahl, 02L
- Dancers : Sofia Karlson, Pierre Enaux, Michiel van Leeuwun, Ester Wrobel, Ulrike Bodammer, Daniel Bear Davies, Ulla Makinen, Frank Willens, Karl Gillick, Steen Koerner, Pipaluk Supernova, Anna Anderegg, Lara Russo
- Musicians : Andreas Bennetzen, Helianne Blais, Tobi Twang, Philip Kamata, Gregers Kierkegaard, Henrik Andersen, Marco Barotti, Tomas Ortved, Cecilie Brask, Tobias Wallin and guests
- Artistic director : Pipaluk Supernova
- Musical director : Andreas Bennetzen
- Technical director : Thomas Jørgensen
- Partners : Docken, Metropolis Labs, K.I.T.
- Produced by : Copenhagen Dream House and supported by the Copenhagen City (Københavns Kommune) and Copenhagen Harbor (By og Havn)